Dear Cub Scout Families –
It is hard to believe that just a few months ago we were camping and shooting off rockets at our Rocket Derby weekend. Now as September approaches, it is time to kick off another exciting Cub Scout Year for Pack 196.
Here is some important information for you as we start out the 2012-2013 year:
Registration will be held this year on September 13th at Deibler Elementary School in the Cafeteria @ 7:00 pm. There will be activities for the kids that night while parents complete paperwork and discuss the upcoming events for the year with Cubmaster Eric.
There has been one change this year that you need to be aware of as we begin. This year, the registration fee will again be $35. This covers registration with Bucks County Council and gives the boys a subscription to Boy’s Life. We will also be charging a $50 activity fee this year for each boy. Unfortunately, we are not able to continue to offer the high quality program the boys have come to love without additional financial assistance. We know this additional expense is a significant change; a change we have not undertaken lightly. We believe this fee structure is commensurate with other Cub Scout programs in the area. To help offset this cost for any family we offer an “involvement rebate”: if you, as an adult, commit to helping as a den leader, assistant den leader, or committee member, this fee will be returned.
There are many things that we need help with this year as we have lost several key contributors to the Pack last year with the boys moving up to Boy Scouts. Some of the help that we need includes:
• Liaison with PTA at Deibler
• Events Coordinator.
These are a few positions that we are looking for and as the saying goes, “Many hands make light work!” The Pack 196 Committee members of are dedicated to providing you and your son(s) the best possible program, but we cannot do it without volunteers to help.
Please give some thought to joining our team of volunteers that make this program possible.
Here is a tentative list of the key Pack events that are planned for this year (this listing does not include all the great Den activities your son(s) will also be able to participate in):
• Oct. 5-7, 2012 – Webelos Weekend
• Oct. 18, 2012 – Pack Meeting
• Oct. 26, 2012 – Gaggles of Ghost and Ghouls @ Peace Valley Nature Center
• Nov. 11, 2012 – Pack activity (Bowling, Video Games, etc. )
• Nov. 15, 2012 – Pack Meeting
• Dec. 6, 2012 – Pack Christmas Party
• Feb. 1, 2013 – Pinewood Derby
• Feb. 7, 2013 – Arrow of Light Ceremony
• Feb. 22, 2013 – Blue and Gold Banquet
• March 14, 2013 – Pack Meeting
• April 18, 2013 – Pack Meeting
• April 27, 2013 – Colorcon Wissahickon Creek Cleanup
• May 9, 2013 – Pack 196 Carnival or Home Run Derby
• May 31 – June 2, 2013 – Annual Rocket Derby Campout (our end of activity year BLOW OUT!)