I know last week’s registration night was a little chaotic – and things don’t look to improve much over the next few weeks! Here’s the breakdown:
- We don’t have use of the school this week (9/20) due to scheduled teacher conferences/back to school activities.
- After the bad weather on Tuesday, the school cancelled the conferences/back to school activities and have rescheduled them for next Thursday (9/27)…when we were to have our next meetings! It looks like we may need to find another venue for the meetings next week – likely to be the Presbyterian Church of Deep Run in Bedminster. I’ll email you again with specifics once we have things finalized.
Please be aware of the following:
- You can still register your son anytime – if you can’t make a regular meeting right now, let me know and I will make sure you get an application!
- We still need to have people sign up for the popcorn show and sell locations (Wawa near 476 on 9/30, Quakertown Lowe’s on 10/6 and 10/13, as well as Quakertown Walmart on 10/20). It is imperative that we have a good sale at these locations to sustain our program through the year. All boys participating will receive credit and a portion of the sales may be added to their Pack account). Email me or give me a call (or use the form on the website) to contact me so we can get you signed up!
- Super cool Pack Activity Shirts – taking orders now! Don’t be the only boy without one of these awesome shirts! The cost is $15/shirt (adult sizes available as well). All proceeds go to the Pack fundraising account.
- Have you checked out our website or “liked” us on Facebook!?! We post pictures and the latest info to those locations regularly! http://perkasiepack196.org (follow the link on the homepage to our special Facebook page, or while in Facebook search for Perkasie Pack 196 – http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cub-Scout-Pack-196/123817598028
Finally, I encourage everyone to spread the word about the Cub Scout Program! We need to instill some great values and responsibilities in our boys; having fun the whole time we do it! The Cub Scout program is the ticket to doing just that! If your son has a friend – bring them along…your son can earn the Recruiter Badge! Even if you know a boy who can’t join Pack 196 due to activity conflicts or location, please direct them to me and I can help them find a suitable Pack!
Keep checking email – I’ll send an update about next week’s meeting location. Until next time!
Yours in Scouting,